Ethics & Sustainability
Our printing partner is dedicated to providing ethical work practices and lessening their environmental impact in any way possible. Some of the ways in which they achieve this are:
- All of their staff are paid above the national living wage, regardless of age.
- The printing method they use, Direct To Garment (or DTG), is OEKO-TEX approved, meaning that no regulated or unregulated chemicals that are considered harmful to the environment are used in the process.
- Any excess or waste cardboard produced is recycled; waste ink is disposed of responsibly and safely
- From March 1st 2018, any failed prints are donated to charity clothing banks.
- From April 2018, all packaging they use to ship our products are either biodegradable or 100% recyclable.
- They are constantly updating their catalogue to feature more Fair Wear and organic accredited garments.
At Unique Drawing Clothing In Shophitchcock we print onto Stanley/Stella and AWDis clothing.
If you want to read what these companies are doing to help lessen their impact on our planet, check out the information on their manufacturing ethics below:
A member of the Fair Wear Foundation, Stanley/Stella favour recycled or organic materials in their production. Operating mainly from Bangladesh, their mission is to provide sustainable garments without compromising on materials used, finished results or the working conditions in their factories. Their company is the owner of a Global Organic Textile Standard label. This certifies that Stanley/Stella cotton is GMO-free and is grown without the use of chemicals and is processed and dyed without using any banned toxic substances.
AWDis is a WRAP (Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production) certified company. To check out more on what WRAP does to help our planet by monitoring production companies, check out their site at: http://www.wrapcompliance.org/.
All our prints are made from 90% bamboo fibres, 10% cotton. Other details on the product below:
- Natural white, without optical brighteners.
- Soft, lightly textured felt structure.
- Matt premium inkjet coating for outstanding print results.
- Acid and lignin-free.
- ISO 9706 conform / museum quality for highest age resistance.
Bamboo is a natural, sustainable and environmentally friendly white paper made from 90% bamboo fibres and 10% cotton, resulting in warm-tones without optical brighteners.
The paper is acid and Lignin-free, which meets the requirements of an age resistant paper and is printed on pre-cut sheets using an inkjet, 12 colour Giclée print process, providing in-depth reproduction of colours and fine details.
For shipping, it is carefully wrapped in acid-free tissue paper and packaged in a hardback paper envelope. All of the packaging used is plastic free, too!